About The Reference Photographer


I'm David Hobby, your photographer at Baltimore-Washington Oil. I serve as the local agent and reference photographer in the Mid-Atlantic region for Zhang Studio.

It's my job to make the reference photographs, work with you to select a final edit, and then to facilitate the painting process on your behalf with Zhang Studio in Xiamen.

I've spent my entire adult life in Howard County, working as a photographer here for nearly 30 years. For much of my career I was a staff photojournalist, and worked for the Baltimore Sun until 2007. Since that time I've shot for a variety of corporate and institutional clients around the world.

More recently, I also work pro bono with a number of Howard-based organizations. I have co-developed projects with the Howard County Arts Council, the Howard County Economic Development Authority and the Howard County Conservancy among others. You can see examples of my work below.

I look forward to working with you to create create the image that will in turn become a beautiful oil painting. To inquire about commissioning a painting, please feel contact me hobbydavid@yahoo.com.

______________________________



Main Street Ellicott City, for Fujifilm Japan



Baltimore Fencing Club


Dubai (UAE) Metro System, for Fujifilm Japan


David Williams of Merkle, for Howard County Economic Development Authority


Cellist Caleb Vaughn-Jones, for Howard County Arts Council


Mezzo Soprano Alexandra Rodrick, for Howard County Arts Council


Grand Central Terminal, New York City, for Lynda.com


Blacksmith Albin Drzewianowski, for the Howard County Conservancy


Havana, Cuba for Fujifilm Japan